In our haste to catch up after Labor Day weekend—and challenged by the planning logistics of our upcoming Episode #50 event—Jared and Vanessa turned to friends and Facebook to help make a seasonally themed playlist for this week’s podcast.
Yo La Tengo managed to sneak into our otherwise-local final cut. Hard to argue with that one, though. In opposite order of their appearance:
5) “My Coat” by The Food Chain
4) “The Alley” by Devotchka (h/t John Wenzel)
3) “Ships on the Ocean Floor” by The Autumn Film (band h/t to Susanna Dominguez’s friend Brian)
2) “Like a Moth” (ManyColoredBeast remix) by Snake Rattle Rattle Snake (cover art pictured)
1) “Autumn Sweater” by Yo La Tengo (h/t Leslie Krupa via Diatribe Facebook page)
Surely some Diatribe listeners will take issue with this selection. Or maybe you just want to add a favorite to the list. Either way, please enlighten us in the comments. Maybe we’ll make a soundtrack for the #50 shindig.
Or maybe someone will make one for us? We suspect that kind of gesture would be rewarded with a tasty adult beverage. (Just a hunch.)
Also, as promised, more info on this weekend’s Tour de Fat (Denver).