It’s that time of year again!
DENVER DIATRIBE and ILLEGAL PETE’s present LOVE & HATE FEST 2012, an evening of ranting, raving, and mingling spiked with performances by local comedians, musicians, writers, actors, and more.
In the past, the Diatribe’s live broadcasts have been (mostly) sit-and-watch affairs. This time, in celebration of our 100th episode, we’re inviting listeners, and anyone aching to express their love or hate for Denver, to join us for an extended cocktail party spiked with performances by local notables, such as:
- Comedians Nathan Lund, Kevin O’Brien, Timmi Lasley, and Adam Cayton-Holland;
- Musicians Lizzie Huffman, Chella Negro, Sid Pink, and The Epilogues’ Chris Heckman;
- Scribes Robert Rutherford (The Narrators), Erica Grossman (Examiner.com), and Ru Johnson (Denver Post)
…and many others.
Come ready to record your own love and/or hate off-stage during the event. We’ll enter you to win exclusive giveaways, including:
• 2 tix to The Wallflowers at The Ogden Theatre, October 24
• 2 tix to Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe “Disco Halloween” at Ogden – October 31
• 2 tix to Rome at The Bluebird Theater – November 6
• Copies of every album produced by the Greater Than Collective
• 3 Bags of Novo Coffee
• Well/Draft tickets from Illegal Pete’s
• 2 tix to Afghan Whigs at the Ogden Theatre- October 30th (sponsored by Illegal Pete’s)
• 2 tix to Father John Misty at the Bluebird – November 2nd (sponsored by Illegal Pete’s)
• 2 tix to American Aquarium at MOES bbq – November 3rd (sponsored by Illegal Pete’s)
• 2 tix to Red Fang at the Bluebird – November 19th (sponsored by Illegal Pete’s)
• 2 tix to Baywood/Esme Patterson at the Bluebird – November 24th (sponsored by Illegal Pete’s)
…and the best takes will be featured in the final cut of Episode 100, which will be dedicated entirely to the event’s namesake, the weekly Love + Hate segment of the podcast.
Those who cannot attend but wish to share an adoration or grievance for the Mile High City can contribute via the Diatribe’s Google Voice account. 720-282-YELL(9355).
Drink specials and other giveaways will also be part of the shenanigans you’ve come to expect from us.
Feel free to take, share, modify or download the Adobe Illustrator file to create your own—just please let us know if you come up with something awesome!